Buying a new Mac Help Which one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yoshiii, Nov 3, 2008.

1. yoshiii macrumors member

Hello

I am buying a new Mac. I don't know if I should get a iMac or MBP or Mac Pro.

I will be using it for doing 2D and 3D animation, graphics and music production.

I see all of the complaints about the new MBP. If I get a MBP, should I get the recently discontinued one?
    If Mac Pro, new one or older one?

Please help, going to buy soon.

The 2D animation program I am going to use does not support the Intel Macs yet. It is a big software that is used in alot of the animation industry.

So should I get a G5 Mac desktop? Or get a new Mac and get a older high speed G4 Mac desktop? All the other programs can be used with the Intel processors.

Help please

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

A imac might do it for you. Mac pro would defiantly.

You can run windows on boot camp, or parallels, or fusion for that 2D program.

Can you wait until january to see if the imacs get updated?

3. yoshiii thread starter macrumors member

Hello

The 2D animation program is for Mac. But it only supports G5 and G4 processors. This is the latest verstion of the software too. Its professional and used world wide. Its one of the biggest programs for 2D out there.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I can't do more than recommend the iMac or the Pro.

A tip: if that 2d program is so important to you, telling us what it is (instead of hinting) will likely get more of a response. That way, people who have tried it can share their experiences and maybe help.

5. yoshiii thread starter macrumors member

Oh I am sorry. No secert. It's called Retas Pro.