Buying a New Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vipao, Apr 30, 2011.

1. vipao macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm positive someone have addressed this issue before but I couldn't find a relevant answer on this topic.
    I have a mid 2010 Macbook White and I just bought a new Mac Book Pro. I'm willing to transfer my Itunes Library from one Mac to another one through my Iphone as I don't have an external hard drive.

Does anyone know if that is even possible, and if so could you please give me some tips on how to do that ??

Thanks a lot guys!! That would help me a lott!!!

Regards,

G12

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It is possible, and you should be able to find solutions if you google something like "iTunes library from iPhone to Mac"

Personally, I'd recommend getting an external hard drive, as one drive failure will show you the importance of having a backup. If you get an external, you can transfer your files and do a backup.

3. OS X Dude macrumors 6502a

OS X Dude

It probably is possible, but the iPhone does not *officially* support being used as an external disc. There will be programs out there that allow you to do so no doubt, and I bet you can if you have a jailbroken iPhone.

Personally, I'd get an external HDD and just back everything up if you aren't already. For the price (~£60 for 500GB), it'll make transferring files a cinch, and you're always safe in the knowledge you're stuff is backed-up.

Just get into the practise of doing it regularly... I have a bad habit of leaving it over 2 months between backups sometimes :p

EDIT - ahh, above poster beat me to it! Still, we're singing the same tune, so that probably answers your question.