Buying a New Macbook... FROM PERU!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ruenzuo, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Ruenzuo macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, yes new in forums and yes, another thread about if I should buy or not a Macbook even knowing the uncomming releases or refeshments.

But the thing here is... I live on Peru. Here the Macbooks are like 200% more expensive than USA, and for me is IMPOSSIBLE to have one. A parent is comming from USA (June), so here's my best shoot to get a fine OSX Machine. I'm on University, Software Enginnering and planning to study Objective C (Already know C++) and start with small apps for Mac and iPhone/iPod Touch.

What I want to know is... what events of Apple are comming till June/July. That would help me with my decision A LOT. I'm not asking you to make the decision, I will, just need to know that events are commign and what are the chances of a refresh or new releases.

Even if theres a refresh or a new realeases, I'll be happy with the White Macbook I'm planning to buy, great specs for the price (for a OSX Machine of course).

One more thing...

Is worth the 100$ extra for the Refurbished Unibody one? I can get the 100$ extra but not sure about reburbished, once I get the Shuffle 2G refurbished and last 3 days till I get flashing lights of death...

Thanks for the Help people, sorry for my VERY BAD ENGLISH. lol.

2. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Well, it's unlikely that the laptops will be refreshed before June, so I say go ahead and get it.

In June, there will be an Apple hosted event called WWDC, but it will most likely focus on the iPhone/hardware, maybe Snow Leopard, and NOT on Apple's notebooks.

As for the refurbished Macs, people seem to be very happy with them. They are pretty thoroughly inspected and they also come with the same warranty as a new model. I would definitely buy refurbished anytime I can. The only thing I have purchased refurbished was my iPhone 2G, and when I got it it was pretty much like new.

Anyway, I would suggest the first one for you. Such a great value for a nvidia 9400m white MacBook.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB881LL/A?mco=MjE0NDk5Mw
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB466LL/A?mco=MjE0NDk5Mw

3. IrishSniper87 macrumors regular

4. Ruenzuo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya dude, wanna pics of Vicuñas and me? Or maybe Alpacas? xD.

Thx for the advise. Ya i'll go for the White One, that´s a shame if i lose a good refresh or new unibody.

5. IrishSniper87 macrumors regular

No way man, get the unibody, it is AWESOME.

6. Ruenzuo thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't afford 1,3k... would you recomend refur one? 1,1k?

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you can swing the extra $100 or so to go from new Whitebook to refurb'd Unibody, definitely. The refurbs are excellent machines.

If you need FireWire however, stick with a Whitebook.

8. Ruenzuo thread starter macrumors newbie

No, actually I don't need FireWire. But really, anyone of you got Refur and all is ok? or are just talking?