Buying a New Macbook Pro - Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sdahe, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Sdahe, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016

Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello,

Im in the market looking to buy a new Macbook Pro and I'm in between the 128GB or 256GB SSD version.. they also come in 8GB or 16GB of RAM and I heard in a video that the memory is not upgradable.. so I would have to choose wisely here.. Well.. Would the 128 SSD be to small.. or that's ok for a laptop computer... Any help would be great.

I'm going to be using the laptop for when I visit my clients and maybe work something in photoshop, illustrator or indesign..

This is the one that I'm looking at right now..
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1128939-REG/apple_z0qm_mf8391_13_3_macbook_pro_notebook.html

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Personally, I find 128GB and 256GB too small, but others don't have a problem with it.

How much storage do you require? That's a question only you can answer.

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Well I just want to know that after the OS and installing Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign I will still have space. Not going to store music or big files of work in it.. just the necessary for me to visit a client and show some of my work..
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2016 ---
    I also would like to know if I can buy the 8GB version and upgrade to 16GB later on... I know I could upgrade the hard drive but what about the RAM

4. kschendel macrumors 6502a

Buy the 16 Gb version. Software expands over time to fill the RAM available. :) and the apps you name all like lots of memory. Memory is NOT upgradeable; I don't think MBP's have been memory upgradeable since 2012, if I recall properly.

5. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Well I think the best option and most affortable would be the one with 16gb of RAM and 256GB SSD

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Honesty, the base model will probably do everything you want it to do.

Retina MacBook pros don't have upgradeable RAM. The SSD is replaceable, but 3rd party options aren't available and nobody knows when they will be.

7. Gesturthor macrumors member

You should get the 256gb with upgraded 16gb of ram for photoshop and other programs. You can always get more storage if you use the card reader slot. You wont get the same speed with them but it is still really fast.