Buying a New MBP don't know on what I'm deciding on :/

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Drew15, Jun 18, 2012.

  1. Drew15 macrumors newbie

    Mar 19, 2012
    I have $3000 dollars saved up for a new MBP for college. With the new rMBP out I was planning on purchasing the higher end version with 512GB of flash memory and upgrading to 16GB of ram to run photoshop and have faster video editing. But now I'm hearing all of these problems that the new rMBPs have. I ALSO heard that a 13" rMBP is rumored to release around October. I'm really not sure on what to do at this point. Advice would be highly appreciated.
  2. Meever macrumors 6502a

    Jun 30, 2009
    256 Ssd with 16gb gets you the best bang for your bucks. If you're serious about video editing you'll be using externals anyway.

    13" mbp most likely won't have a dedicated gpu or at least not one as powerful as the 650m.

    It really depends on what youre going to do.

    If hardcore video editing/photoshop then 15" base with 16gb ram.

    If you really need the portability but don't mind the gpu performance hit wait for the possible 13"+external display.

    You can't do video editing / photoshop on a 13". Not anything serious anyways.
  3. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

    Apr 15, 2012
    uuuuh what problems? The scrolling lag that will be fixed with mountain lion?

    The 3rd party support problem?

    For what your doing the retina would be great. Adobe is going to update it's software to support the retina display and I'm sure editing would be great on it as well.
  4. zerotiu macrumors regular

    Jun 12, 2012
    I'm also confused about this. But this just my opinion :

    I'm 80% towards buying rMBP. I use my current early 2008 mbp to edit photos, make personal website and work using msOffice etcs. From many screenshots here and my experince using my old mbp, I think using 1680x1050 res in rMBP is better.

    That's not only my consideration, I don't like MBA screen, I don't say it is bad, so I forget MBA. Classic MBP? Oh of course I want to buy this, but 2.54 kgs? Even heavier than my current mbp. So I just forget it.

    I think when I get rMBP, apple has finally solved the problem and just wait for a few weeks, there will be a lot apps to help us about this scalling problems.

    Also, if I buy classic MBP (I plan to use this for another 4years), maybe the sell value will drop a lot because many other laptops use hig res monitor as well.

Share This Page