Buying a New MBP questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lokispec23, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Lokispec23 macrumors newbie

I am noob to all this but I went ahead and got an iphone 3gs ( I was holding out since I had a droid) the other week. I am in love with this I found myself last night and well almost all week searching these forums and reading everything I can.

So I went in and stopped in at bestbuy no apple store close to me about 45 minutes to an hour away. I went into Best buy and I am saving to get a MBP.

What I am looking for is a laptop that I can play games on it since I am going to college right now, and I want to write papers and play games lestien to music and such. I have read up alot on the difference from the intel 3000 Vs Nvida/ATI info in reguards to video and such. I was thinking of getting a mac book air but I want to be able to upgrade the ram if I get the base model and I think the way to go is the MBP.

If you guys have any advice someone who just feel in love with MAC in the past week and 2 days. please let me know either way. I am actually even thinking of buying the Lion OS and putting it on my PC if I can even do that so I can just have something apple for the time beeing.

Is there something specific with ram I should look for I see some people say the HDD I should go SSD but that currently is not in my budget range. I want to at some point be able to use the MBP to use photoshop to draw and such as well later on but nothing now.

Sorry for the run on questions and talk just been reading these forums I just happened to stuble upon and have been reading for a week lurking the shadows of decided weither to go MBP or ASUS laptop.

the game I would like to play is wow and then D3 when that comes out. I will still have my PC for the bigger heavier games like BF3.

Thanks for the help and the time for reading this post guys/gals.
    :D:D:D

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

What kind of games?

Because you're not going to be running Metro 2033 at 60FPS, etc...

The MBP (even the air) will be just fine for Photoshop.

The reason people are suggesting the SSD is because it's the most dramatic and noticeable performance improvement.

4 GB of ram is fine. If it's within your budget than definitely upgrade it to the most you can, but don't do so at the expense of your initial purchase.

3. Lokispec23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I would be playing like world of warcraft on my off time then Diablo 3 when it is released nothing major at all. plus photo shop and thats about all. yea I wass thinking about that I think I am going to max the ram.should I be ok with the intel 3000 or should I go with ATI/geforce?

4. Lokispec23 thread starter macrumors newbie

so anyone else have any thoughts on should I upgrade the ram to the fullest or should I wait and craiglist the ram see if I can find someone to sell me it cheap? any other suggestions?