Buying a new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crobbins, Jan 2, 2008.

1. crobbins macrumors 6502

I currently have the 2.0ghz Core Duo MacBook Pro. The machine is nice and does what I need it to do, but sometimes I feel it hangs or lags. I've got the memory maxed out at 2gb and wish I could stick more in. Coming from this machine that is now getting up there in age, would I notice a large speed increase, or would this be a waste of money? Also, I like the idea of a 13 inch screen, would a MacBook be faster than my current machine? Though there are features I really love about the MacBook Pro that the MacBook clearly lacks. Thanks in advance!

2. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

see what happens here in 13 days after MWSF. They are most likely updating the MBP. you could see new speeds.
    There are also MacPros. a bit more expensive, but have all the power you sound like you need. They are also possibly being updated at MWSF so be patient and wait and see if you are looking to buy

good luck

3. Osprey macrumors 6502

There are rumors of a ultraportable coming out that might meet your needs and also rumors of other upgrades in existing machines. Since you aren't in dire need wait for two weeks and see what happens. I have a 2.4 MBP and it doesn't seem to lag when doing video editing, but I came from Windows and the software I was using for video editing wasn't very stable and always lagged. Heck it lagged just opening!

4. crobbins thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha..I know the feeling on the lagging in Windows..that's half the reason I switched..I still work on PCs as a side job to make extra cash and hate the lagging I encounter just opening IE or stuff like that.

5. Osprey macrumors 6502

I work only on Windows machines at work and I am always shocked at how long it takes the machine to boot up. Actually that isn't true, I am conditioned to wait and what really shocks me is how fast my MBP turns on, it is almost scary. The other thing that always gets me every time is I find myself trying to do two finger scrolling with my Windows machine and can't figure out why it isn't working. BTW was wondering about your name. If it is your last name and first initial we have the same ones.:)

6. crobbins thread starter macrumors 6502

that is my last name and first initial..cool!