buying a new mouse, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nebarik, Jul 5, 2008.

1. nebarik macrumors member

hi all.

ive been looking around for a while for a new mouse since my wireless mighty mouse has been annoying me lately (the scroll ball rarely works now, even after i clean it).

so basically what im looking for is something similar with a 360 scroll ball that actually works (i do a lot of video editing and sieways scroll is essentital), and some form of extra buttons to use expose. the ability to left and right click at the same time would also be good for the few times i play games.

i was looking at this, but i cant see anywhere if the scroll ball wont stop working on me after 1 month
    http://store.apple.com/au/product/T...c/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&mco=MjM4MDU5

a wired mouse wouldnt be out of the question either.

thanks a lot, i look forward to some replys

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you checked out the Logitech MX or VX Revolution? They are both great mice that are comfortable, have side scrolling, and a plethora of buttons to program. I personally own the VX Revolution and I'd say it is one of my best purchases ever and I've honestly never found another mouse that can match it.

3. mark2288 macrumors regular

i owned a VX and it was great for the year that it worked. I'm using the wired MX518 (no side scrolling through) now and it's awesome.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

5. nebarik thread starter macrumors member

wow thanks. gonna have to save up for the MX rev. that second scroll wheel is very intriging to me... urgh AU$150. i wonder if i could get a tax return as im a vid editor.

thanks again guys.

6. jhkingsr macrumors regular

Definitely get the MX Revolution. The programable buttons and wheels are fabulous.

7. stewartlittle macrumors regular

I am a product designer and have tried many different mice. The search for me stopped with the mx revolution. This is an amazing mouse. Great for CAD and great for COD4 as well :) I totally recommend this mouse...

8. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Another vote for the MX Revolution. I purchased one recently after using a wireless MS Mouse for years. The MX is the best mouse I've ever owned. It's pricey but worth every cent.

9. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I have the VX, but if you use this often at a desk, I'd get the MX. I got the VX off an auction on eBay for around $70 total, when the retail price is $100-120 AUD. ;)

11. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The Logitech BT mice are absolutely perfect for me on the road, never a lick of problem, and absolute battery misers (only on the 2nd battery in a year's use). The MacBook picks it up wonderfully after the initial pairing, and it's a great presentation clicker, too!

12. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

13. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

i vote MX revolution, but the VX is also good if you want the smaller size.