buying a new power mac

Bass108

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
94
0
ok...so i know kinda about the news of apple with their new chipsets for the powermac coming in November. i have been planning on buying a power mac when leopard came out for some time. i was going for an 8 core. should i wait...cause it might be retarded to buy a power mac to have them update it in 2 weeks. I guess I can play the waiting game forever but i was looking for some input. thanks


~jay
 

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
718
0
San José, Costa Rica
ok...so i know kinda about the news of apple with their new chipsets for the powermac coming in November. i have been planning on buying a power mac when leopard came out for some time. i was going for an 8 core. should i wait...cause it might be retarded to buy a power mac to have them update it in 2 weeks. I guess I can play the waiting game forever but i was looking for some input. thanks


~jay
You do mean MacPro right? anyway supposedly MP are short of a revision, and the time between those is near 6-7 months.

-Victor
 
Comment

Nugget

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
1,855
863
Houston Texas USA
None of us really know anything, but the current indicators all point to new Mac Pros in mid-November. If you can wait until then you should.
 
Comment

Nugget

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
1,855
863
Houston Texas USA
Comment

Bass108

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
94
0
woops. yes i meant mac pro...i'm a little behind...ha

i imagine there will be a new enclosure...i imagine these systems will be even quieter than whats out now. I am an audio guy...so it's kinda important.

i guess i will wait...i am guessing there will be some kind of intel (ha) by December. I just don't want to wait longer than that.

i was already to go for friday...oh well.
 
Comment

Bass108

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
94
0
oh and another thing i just am hoping this is speculation not like what happened in January where the 8 core took another 4 months to come out.
 
Comment

Bass108

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
94
0
yeah...but we are talking about a new chipset with half the wattage and larger frontside bus. And people are saying its going to be cheaper too right? I am probably going beyond my means in the moment but it would be dumb not to wait at least a little bit. But in the end though, everything will be ok, new mac or not.
 
Comment

Similar threads

  • dhtmlkitchen
2
Replies
2
Views
241
  • mokeys_forehead
1
Replies
1
Views
441
  • EEzycade
5
Replies
5
Views
475
Replies
4
Views
378
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.