buying a new power mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bass108, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Bass108 macrumors member

ok...so i know kinda about the news of apple with their new chipsets for the powermac coming in November. i have been planning on buying a power mac when leopard came out for some time. i was going for an 8 core. should i wait...cause it might be retarded to buy a power mac to have them update it in 2 weeks. I guess I can play the waiting game forever but i was looking for some input. thanks

~jay

2. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

You do mean MacPro right? anyway supposedly MP are short of a revision, and the time between those is near 6-7 months.

-Victor

3. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

None of us really know anything, but the current indicators all point to new Mac Pros in mid-November. If you can wait until then you should.

4. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

5. Bass108 thread starter macrumors member

woops. yes i meant mac pro...i'm a little behind...ha

i imagine there will be a new enclosure...i imagine these systems will be even quieter than whats out now. I am an audio guy...so it's kinda important.

i guess i will wait...i am guessing there will be some kind of intel (ha) by December. I just don't want to wait longer than that.

i was already to go for friday...oh well.

6. Bass108 thread starter macrumors member

oh and another thing i just am hoping this is speculation not like what happened in January where the 8 core took another 4 months to come out.

7. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

8. Bass108 thread starter macrumors member

yeah...but we are talking about a new chipset with half the wattage and larger frontside bus. And people are saying its going to be cheaper too right? I am probably going beyond my means in the moment but it would be dumb not to wait at least a little bit. But in the end though, everything will be ok, new mac or not.