Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Howlett

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Abbotsford
So i've decided to buy an iMac on Monday or Tuesday, whichever day the new ones come out on. Anyways, My dad has agreed to help out as its replacing the old family PC (viruses and monitor is dying).

So my problem is that my sister wants to use this new computer as well. I've asked her to help and she has said no. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if I could just straight up buy it, but I can't Its a need it really soon basis. Should i set up the users with passwords so she can't use it. It seems harsh to me but I already pay for the internet and the wireless router that our family uses, My mom has a laptop so she doesn't want to help (plus she doesn't like mac:eek:).

It only seems fair that she helps out if she wants to use it for her Elementary School projects...

kidding, she's 22. and she works. any advice would be good.

Aegelward

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
UK
If she wants her own computer so badly, just wipe the old PC and re-install windows on it (seriously, 'its got viruses' is possibly the weakest reason to upgrade... maintenance is important, i mean, not that i want to discourage you buying a mac).

Really, if shes that age she should get her own computer, its hard for me to imagine having sole family computer. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.