buying a refurb items

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dangishdavid, Aug 22, 2013.

1. dangishdavid macrumors newbie

Hi there, i am new to this and was wondering if buying a refurbished macbook pro be an okay thing? the price is a little cheaper so i was thinking, would it be worth it to buy a refurbished from apple or just buy a new one? thanks for reading guys

2. Akack macrumors 6502a

Yes. It will come with a brand new case and still get the same one year warranty. Only difference besides not being "new" is you don't get the retail box but a plain box that the MacBook ships in.

3. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Yes, exactly what he said.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You can buy a refurbished Mac with complete peace of mind. They have been tested, cleaned and are as good as new. No differences in warranty options either. You can save yourself a good few $ over new too.

5. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

An unboxed New vs refurb will be impossible to tell apart. Apple does not sell refurbs with any known cosmetic or mechanical damage. And if something is wrong just return it in the 1st 14 days and get another.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple refurbished products are considered by most to be a very good deal, as they're pretty much like buying a new Mac, except for the box.
    Click the link in that quote for more details on the refurbishment process.
    • Apple Certified Refurbished Products are available online from the Apple Refurb Store and are not sold in local Apple stores
    • Educational discounts do not apply to refurb products.
    • Refurb products come with the same warranty as new products, and qualify for AppleCare
    • Refurb products have a changed serial number that identifies them as refurbished
    • Refurb products come with whatever OS version and software they originally shipped with as new
    • Refurb products come with the same items in the box as new products, only the box is a plain one, not the new box.
    • A refurb product could have some cosmetic signs of prior use, but rarely do
    • A refurb Mac may have some cycles on the battery, but not a significant enough amount to affect usable life
    • The refurb store inventory changes frequently, sometimes several times a day, and doesn't have any direct relation to upcoming product releases. What's available in the refurb store is determined by what has been returned to Apple.
    • If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.

7. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I always buy refurbished when I can. It's a no-brainer. Do it!

8. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Purchase refurbs, from Apple directly, with absolute confidence. Refurbs from other sites do not carry the same 1-year apple certified coverage.