Buying a Refurb MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rmafive, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Rmafive macrumors 6502

Ok, so I am planning on getting one of the new MBP's when they come out in September! I was wondering how long you think it would take for some of the new ones to get on Apples Refurb list. Also, if one makes it on there, are they really worth purchasing; because there are absolutely zero pictures for any of the products. If anyone has gotten a refurb from Apple, I would love to know what you think! :)

2. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

sorry but to tell you the truth, there is still a possibility that there wont be new macbook pros in september. its probable, but there is still the chance of it not happening so dont finalize anything yet. ;)

i myself havent gotten a refurb but i have friends who have and have reported no problems at all. some people even believe that the refurbs have less of a chance to be a bad device than new products, which is understandable.

so usually, it takes about 3 months for refurbs to appear on the store ive noticed.

hope that helped!

3. zango macrumors member

I, personally, have not purchased any refurb products from apple, however, from what i hear, the refurbs are supposed to be in great shape and very good quality, pretty much as good as the brand new ones for a lower price.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Exactly! I agree... :)

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

My MBP is a refurb. My AEBS was also purchased from the Apple refurb store.

I'm quite pleased with both purchases, and will buy refurbs again. The computer arrived in pristine condition -- aside from the change to the serial number, you wouldn't have known it was a refurb. Completely happy.

6. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

It's hard to go wrong with an Apple refurb, when it comes with the full one year warranty.

It had been quite a while since I bought one, but the ones I have purchased n the past were perfect.

I just had a dead 5G iPod replaced (out of warranty), and the refurb replacement looks brand new. I was very impressed...

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I recently bought an iPod touch 8GB refurb. from Apple. No scratches, no dents/dings. Everything was perfect, even under careful scrutiny under a lamp. My experience is so far, pretty awesome with refurb products form Apple. As for the new MBP, wait a month or so I'd say.