Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

outsidethelines

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I will be buying a MBP refurb this week and I am very excited. I have never owned a mac before so it will be a new experience for me. What I am wondering is if I should have it mailed to my house or have it mailed to the store? Is it better to open the box at the store and make sure everything is working properly or will I be ok if it is sent to my house? Also, I have all of my iTunes on my iPod but not on a flash drive. Is there a way I can transfer my music straight from my iPod to my new laptop? Thank you very much for your help!

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I will be buying a MBP refurb this week and I am very excited. I have never owned a mac before so it will be a new experience for me. What I am wondering is if I should have it mailed to my house or have it mailed to the store? Is it better to open the box at the store and make sure everything is working properly or will I be ok if it is sent to my house? Also, I have all of my iTunes on my iPod but not on a flash drive. Is there a way I can transfer my music straight from my iPod to my new laptop? Thank you very much for your help!

Shipped to house is fine - If you are really concerned you can do an unboxing video.

Where is your iTunes library located?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I will be buying a MBP refurb this week and I am very excited. I have never owned a mac before so it will be a new experience for me. What I am wondering is if I should have it mailed to my house or have it mailed to the store? Is it better to open the box at the store and make sure everything is working properly or will I be ok if it is sent to my house?
If you open the box at home and something is wrong with the Mac, you can always ship it back. The stores don't get involved with refurb products, other than simply receiving the shipments if you elect.
Also, I have all of my iTunes on my iPod but not on a flash drive. Is there a way I can transfer my music straight from my iPod to my new laptop? Thank you very much for your help!
How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer
iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

outsidethelines

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Thank you both very much. The article on how to use my iPod to transfer everything was very helpful :cool:

AkuskaUK

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
Thank you both very much. The article on how to use my iPod to transfer everything was very helpful :cool:

I use a great little program called "iRip" for ripping back my iPod's to my Mac's.

On your referb, they are literally the same as a MacBook Pro you would buy from the store brand new, just they won't come with the nice packaging. Referbs are basically machines that someone has bought, then returned before their 14 day period was up and then Apple can't just sell it on again, they clean them up, repair any damages and send them back out.

Taken from the Apple Website:
"Apple Certified Refurbished
We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a one-year warranty. Supply is limited. Please note that availability is guaranteed once we receive your full payment."

outsidethelines

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Also, my iPod is PC formatted so will I encounter any issues transferring to my new Mac?

----------

How much did it cost? How much did you save?

I'm getting a 13" MBP for about $950, once they are restocked, so I'm saving almost $200 which is definitely worth it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.