Buying a refurbished ipod nano

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iloveipods, Jul 19, 2008.

1. iloveipods macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

(I am new to this whole forum thing so HELP me out!:))
    I wanna buy a refurbished ipod 4gb 3rd gen. I've wanted to buy the legendary nano for quite a while now and when I was browsing, I just stumbled upon a page about refurbs. :). Checking it out, I found out that it came with every single thing including warranty, P&P etc. as a normal ipod nano would ( can't do the laser engraving :( but I don't need to anyway :))

Well anyway, I went to buy it from the apple store and it was $99 :D. But when I went to checkout I realised they don't ship internationally :(. So I went to the UK apple store (I'm living in the UK) and I found exactly the same product for $140 :eek: including P&P etc. This is so annoying :mad:

I know its only $40 difference but I'm not the kind of person who would still be satisfied if he knew he could have got it somewhere else cheaper.

Please Help guys, tell me a way to buy the nano from the US store then send it over to here (UK).

Why is the :apple: store so unfair?

SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY!!!!

2. gonyr macrumors 6502

Not sure if there's anything anyone can do for your actual complaint. Apple has always set their prices differently for different parts of the world. I don't see why you couldn't have somebody purchase one in the States and ship it to you, if you could find someone to do it. Not sure what it would mean in terms of warranty coverage, though.