Buying a Retina Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rudy Rudolph, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Rudy Rudolph macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have never bought a mac and never preordered anything from Apple so it would be great if I could have some answers to these two questions!

1. If Apple releases a new macbook pro retina in the Fall and I go to preorder it, do I have the option to tell Apple that I would like to pick it up in store instead of getting it shipped to my house? I live close to a tax free state that has an Apple store.

2. I plan to buy a Macbook pro retina with 16Gb of RAM, 2.7 ghz i7, and a 512Gb SSD (Apples high end "standard" option always supplied in Apple stores). When Apple first released the Macbook pro Retina, the high end "standard" cost or more than $3000. Now the high end "standard" costs $2800. If/when Apple releases the next update to the macbook pro retina, is there a good chance that they will increase the price of the high end "standard" option more than the current standard option of $2800? In other words, is it a possibility that it will cost me more money to buy the next release of the rmacbook pro high end standard option than it currently does now or do they typically reduce the price of the older standard version and keep the new release within the current pricing structure?

Thanks,
    Rudy Rudolph

2. cookies! macrumors 6502

1) yes

2) no way to tell, but unless there is a major redesign, probably not.