Buying a used Macbook battery-HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by prubano, May 4, 2014.

1. prubano macrumors newbie

Hello all

I have been doing my research on buying a used battery for my 2009 white Macbook. The model of the battery that I need is the A1331 (my macbook model is A1342).

I don't mind spending as long as it's going to last me another little while. I wanted to avoid spending that 130$ at the apple store, I was thinking I could get those that sell for about 60$-90$. I know I have to look at things like the cycle charges, the manufacturing date, the power rating, the genuine apple product, whether it's used or new, etc. etc. but there is too much info now that I don't know which one to choose and how to choose it.

Can someone possible give me a little summary or rundown of how I should shop for my battery? Or just your personal experiences, opinions on this...

Thank you

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

3. Alkaid macrumors member

While it may depend on your usage, I managed to get a new battery from a battery store (the one that sells batteries and bulbs, of all things) new for $69 or $79. (with a rebate too, which was a nice bonus, I'll admit)

Charging when needing to be charged, unplugging when charged to drain has served me really well and the battery's behaved just fine. (Mine's a fairly old computer, the mid-2007 model so usage may vary.)

Like Ann P said, I've heard good things about certain models and shops as well so shopping around for your specific model and seeing what you can afford sounds like a good start. Good luck with your search and let us know how it goes!