buying a used Macbook "Grade A" battery.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Laco, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Laco macrumors 6502

i'm thinking of buying a "recycled" "Grade A" battery for my Macbook.
    Does anyone know what it means for a Macbook battery to be "recycled" and does anyone know how reliable a thing like this is? It seems like a very credible website and it is offering 3 plus hours of battery time and a 6 month waranty. And best of all it is less than half the price of a new on.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever bought one?

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Do you have a link? Have you looked on ebay for an OEM battery replacement?

3. Laco thread starter macrumors 6502

i didn't know if links were allowed...im new to the form : http://www.macrecycling.com/battery-55whr-macbook-13-white-p-101091.html

i don't really need it right now anyway since my battery works fine i was just considering it since my woman and i will be traveling around egypt and europe this summer and it would be nice to watch some of the 40 movies i have on my computer....i also realized that it would cost me about 30 dollars less to buy a battery in the states (im in Canada)...i think i will just do that....

thank you for the interest in my question.

4. eman macrumors 6502a

I believe links are allowed and I checked your link. They just looked like used Apple macbook batteries. I think you could do better buying a good used or new battery off ebay; if buying used, look for a battery with low charge cycles.