buying a used macbook pro 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arctyler, Aug 26, 2012.

1. arctyler macrumors regular

i am thinking about buying myself a used macbook pro 15", what do you think about buying used macs? good? bad? and is there any certain year i should want over the other? i want something atleast 2010 or newer, is there any significant difference between the different years? what do you guys think?

2. Raunien macrumors 6502

I have a 2011 macbook pro 15' i'm selling. PM me if interested

3. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

I suggest trying the Mac Refurbished section. Buying used hardware not always is a wise choice. Refurbs at least have some warranty plus its like buying new but better pricing.

4. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

The other place is to get your post count up and by from the classifieds here. Members must have 225 posts and be around for 6 months - a little bit more reassuring that faceless ebay/craigslist users.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I agree. Apple Refurbs are like new and have a 1 year warranty and are eligible for AppleCare.

6. pingfan59 macrumors member

Refurbished from Apple.com or a reputable seller here/ebay that possibly has applecare. This would be my approach.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Used or refurb, if it comes with AppleCare and the seller states how much time is left on the warranty, you might get a good deal.

Refurbs cost more than used, but offer a full 3 years if you get AppleCare (1 year). Used models come with whatever warranty still remains...

Either way you can get a good deal...