buying a used macbook pro 15"?

arctyler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
i am thinking about buying myself a used macbook pro 15", what do you think about buying used macs? good? bad? and is there any certain year i should want over the other? i want something atleast 2010 or newer, is there any significant difference between the different years? what do you guys think?

ivoruest

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Guatemala
I suggest trying the Mac Refurbished section. Buying used hardware not always is a wise choice. Refurbs at least have some warranty plus its like buying new but better pricing.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
The other place is to get your post count up and by from the classifieds here. Members must have 225 posts and be around for 6 months - a little bit more reassuring that faceless ebay/craigslist users.

pingfan59

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Refurbished from Apple.com or a reputable seller here/ebay that possibly has applecare. This would be my approach.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Used or refurb, if it comes with AppleCare and the seller states how much time is left on the warranty, you might get a good deal.

Refurbs cost more than used, but offer a full 3 years if you get AppleCare (1 year). Used models come with whatever warranty still remains...

Either way you can get a good deal...