Buying a Verizon iphone for another account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nygfan80, Feb 2, 2011.

1. nygfan80 macrumors regular

Hi, I want to buy a phone for my daughter. Unfortunately she is not able to upgrade her phone for a discount. I have a separate account and I am able to fully upgrade for a discounted price. This might sound stupid, but would I be able to upgrade the phone on my account and then give it to my daughter and have her activate it on her account? Will I be able to go back to my old phone and plan? My son has AT&T and it's easy for him because he uses one of those micro-sim cards.

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Yes, you will be able to do all of that. Just go into a Verizon store with your daughter. They'll reactivate your old phone on your account and then put the iPhone on her account.

3. nygfan80 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey its that guy who lives in Swoyersville, I live in Wyoming! Thanks for the help. I figured it, just needed to be re-assured.

4. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Oh yeah, I remember you from the iPad thread! Haha, small world. Make sure you go the Verizon by the arena - don't go to the mall kiosk ;)

5. zenio macrumors 6502

I visited my local Verizon store today, I'm going to use the same procedure.

6. nygfan80 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah that was a while ago. I forget what that was about though, funny. The wait might be longer near the arena but the vzw employees are a lot nicer. It's too bad that Circuit City went under. The manager of the vzw location inside the store would give me steep discounts all the time.