Buying ADC Student Membership

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chug, Jun 14, 2007.

1. chug macrumors newbie

Guys,

What is involved in buying the ADC Student Membership?
    Is it just online form filing after the purchase?
    If that's the case, can I buy it from a different apple online store that sells it cheapest? Like if i buy it in singapore its definately about 110usd
    but if i buy it form the US store or HK store then its about the 99usd price.

i mean i sound kinda cheap but yeah. wont wanna spend so much money saving up for a macbook pro =)

2. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

When you buy it they send you an activation code to enter online. Then you have to supply them with proof of being a student. I scanned and sent them my student card and timetable for example.

I assume due to you needing proof, you also need to purchase it from the correct store.

3. M1th macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this applies to the US customers, but here in the UK you get a 3 year apple care plan for free if you order via normal higher education discount. Does the same rule apply to ADC Student members?

4. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

A question I have (shan't make a new thread):

Can I buy and register Student ADC, and then walk into a physical Apple Store (Authorised Reseller) and buy a MBP from their stock (or get them to order it in for me) using the discount? Or do I have to order it over the Online Apple Store?

It would be nice to be able to open it up at the store, turn it on, and check that there aren't any dead pixels, the screen is all good, and that everything works. If not, maybe I can get it fixed then and there, or replaced.

Thanks.

5. mattsajay macrumors member

Not at the store. Online only.

6. jamesybsu macrumors regular

With the education discount in US, you get the MBP applecare for $249 instead of $349. Is there a difference between a higher education discount and just education discount?

7. chug thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm don't think there is... =)

on another note, upon joining the ADC Student Membership will i be getting a copy of leopard when it ships? or will i be getting just tiger now and nothing in the future?