Buying advice, design work. MBP, imac, MBA?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hobes270, Apr 20, 2009.

1. hobes270 macrumors regular

Alright so I really am totally confused. I need some help.

I do design work, therefore I want to benefit from a 24" screen when I am at home. I am currently trying the mbp with 24" led, but to be honest I am not a huge fan of it because I dont have the biggest desk and when I work I like to be able to draw things up. It is pain to have my mbp sitting there taking up all that desk space.

What should I do? I have around $3700 i can spend. I could get a mba rev b high end for $1700 that my buddy would sell me. I am jsut throwing that out their that i have a deal like that available. So i could get that for the road with am iMac at home? or an imac at home and macbook pro on road? I really dont know what to do!

Thanks!

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

I would not buy iMac + MBA + 24 Inch Screen.

I would buy MBP + 24 Inch Screen + Shelf + external keyboard and mouse

3. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

I would go with a iMac macbook rev B. Best combo idea, plus 2 computers are better than 1. If you don't like having the MBP on your desk all the time, then the imac is perfect replacement and you can get the air as your road warrior. You could for sure get a cheaper rev B air than 1700, unless you're talking about the ssd model, which I don't think you are. Let me know what you do, I can find you a brand new air for cheaper than 1700.

-Bob