Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FluJunkie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
So my desk setup, which I love, has...a small problem. It's an older desk with a solid built-in bookshelf back, with no holes for cords and the like. Which means power cords need to go *around* the huge desk to the back, where the UPS lives. For the Mac Pro on the floor, this isn't so much a problem.

But neither Dell nor IBM decided to pack 10 ft. cords with their displays. Is there some reputable source for the generic black power cord used with...a tremendous amount of electronics these days?

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Can you just drill a small hole in the desk? Unless its a priceless antique I doubt that would hurt much. You could also just make a small arched spot at the base of the desk for the cord to under. Might be less invasive than a hold in the desk. It'll probably come in handy for more than just that pesky short power cord.

FluJunkie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Can you just drill a small hole in the desk? Unless its a priceless antique I doubt that would hurt much. You could also just make a small arched spot at the base of the desk for the cord to under. Might be less invasive than a hold in the desk. It'll probably come in handy for more than just that pesky short power cord.

I could I suppose, but it's fairly thick fiberboard, which is a pain to drill through, and if I can just make the cords slightly longer, why bother?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.