Buying advice - New MBP this November???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sahirr, Sep 24, 2009.

  1. sahirr macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2008
    #1
    Hi...
    I was really looking forward to buy an updated MBP this November... but looking at the latest posts in the forums and the site... i am a little skeptical. Most of the members seem to stipulate that an update would take place somewhere in Feb 2010 when the 32nm processors are launched. However... Intel just launched the quad core mobile chips... do you think this could lead to an update?
    I postponed by purchase earlier this year to wait for the November update... If this doesn't happen... I will be in quite a spot... :-/ Do you guys think I should buy the current version if there's no update in November or wait till the Feb '10 update?
     
  2. kasakka macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2008
    #2
    The way I see it, Clarksfield is just one of those experimental things, kind of like mobile Core2Quads were. It won't be long until it'll be replaced by something that runs cooler and faster. I'd wager on Apple skipping it altogether because there isn't much of a market for it in a laptop. Maybe in an iMac but I still doubt it.

    Also ask yourself: do you do anything that actually REALLY benefits from a quad core processor. If you do, do you really need to do that on a laptop?
     
  3. Bostonaholic macrumors 6502

    Bostonaholic

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Location:
    Columbus, Ohio
    #3
    Well said. Which is why I just ordered my 17" MBP a few days ago. I'd like to have one if there is a refresh, but at the same time, I can't wait that long only to be disappointed.
     
  4. sahirr thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2008
    #4
    Kassaka - what you are saying does make sense...

    but still if I am to invest a high amount in a MBP... as a consumer i would really want apple to give me something which is faster and a much more recent technology. I am from India and apple products here cost around $300 - $450 higher compared the US stores... on the whole i am debating whether to invest the higher amount in a faster and reliable machine or the apple experience... I guess I would really consider a mac only if there's an upgrade this november...
     

Share This Page