Buying advice regarding new lcd tv

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tim2006, May 31, 2009.

?

which one to buy

Poll closed Jun 15, 2009.
  1. sony 52 xbr9

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. samsung 52 7000 series

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

2. l3izzarre macrumors newbie

XBR for sure.

I have previously worked for both Sony and Samsung so I know the two panels. The Samsung panel is quite noisy and doesn't quite live up to the colour gamut in the XBR.

But hey, if the extra 3 inchs real estate means a lot to you, sure go the Samsung. These two panels are about as good as you get in a large LCD unless you dont mind waiting and paying an arm and a leg for O-LED. Wouldn't hold my breath on when O-LEDs that large are due out though.

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I'd say Samsung. In my opinion, Samsung's price-quality-equation is much better, meaning they're better value for money. If you strictly look at picture quality, though, you should probably go for a Philips tv.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

What is your purchase time frame?

HDMI 1.4 was just officially announced. I may be something worth waiting for.

Both are nice sets

5. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

I have a 52' Sharp Aquos but a friend of mine just got a 52 Samsung LCD and it blows away my TV :(

Go for the Samsung.

Cheers.

-J.-

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...go to the store and have them put the two you like next to each other with a splitter to the SAME video source so you can see how they react to the SAME video source...make sure the TV's are set to the default settings and then you can adjust from that point... happy hunting...