Buying Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicholasjc18, Sep 17, 2012.

1. nicholasjc18 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I've been lurking around these forums for the past couple weeks now, reading all the information I can. I have finally decided to get a macbook but have run into a problem. I currently have two options that I've been going back and forth with:

Option 1: Shell out the money for a 15in rMBP. I would most likely get the base version with upgraded ram and ssd.

Option 2: Late 2011 version 13in MBP with the 2.8 ghz i7 processor and 4 gb of ram and 500 gb of storage.
    For option 2, I wouldn't pay anything due to I would get it for free thru a company I work for. If i were to go with option 2, i would upgrade the ram and ssd.

For me, I will be spending most of my day on this doing emails, surfing the internet, and a little bit of photo editing as well.
    Which one would you guys choose in this situation? I'm kinda torn here.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I would go with a 13''.

rMBP with that usage seems overkill. If you want it and can afford it though by all means.

3. Mekker macrumors newbie

You could take a Macbook Air and a Thunderbolt Display. You'll get full carrybility and still a big amazing screen at your desk.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The free 13" MBP will suit your needs just fine. If you need more desktop space, pick up an external display.

5. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

option 2. no brainer based on your usage. get yourself an awesome thunderbolt display with that and you have one killer setup!