iPad Pro Buying Advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kamy100, Nov 11, 2015.

1. kamy100 macrumors newbie

First of all wanted to say that there is some fantastic stuff on these forums which I stumbled across a few weeks ago.

So I am in a quandary as to whether to buy the iPad Pro or Retina MacBook Pro (13 inch). With my education discount the Macbook Pro comes to £859, the iPad pro with keyboard and Pencil comes to £840 again with my education discount. Can’t decide which one to go for. I want something portable, I don’t want a iPad Air 2 because want something with a larger screen (13 inch is ideal). I will mainly be using whatever I buy for browsing, e-mails and watching films/tv shows on the commute to work. I will also be doing a bit of work via MS Office based application.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

If it's mostly for consumption, I'd give the iPad a try. For emails, you can get a keyboard case (like the apple or logitech ones available), but those don't seem to be fit for use one the user's lap as a macbook would.

Ultimately, you could take advantage of a possible holiday return policy at the apple store in your area to give the iPad Pro a shot and return it if you aren't a fan.

3. kamy100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that.

Yeah I think that I will try one out and take it from there.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

For what you are doing the iPad pro sounds perfect.

5. kamy100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well just picked one up from my local store in Manchester. Look forward to testing over next few days, they told me that no problems about bringing it back if I wanted to exchange it for a MacBook.