Buying air from macmall

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacbookAlum1536, Jan 24, 2009.

1. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

i'm not sure if i'm actually going to buy but are the $1149 airs refurbs or new

2. SummerBoy macrumors regular

SummerBoy

Don't buy from mscmall.

They are known fir terrible customer service and you cannot return whatsoever

3. MacbookAlum1536 thread starter macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Please do a search on Mac Mall here in Mac Rumors before making a decision not to order from them. There have been several threads asking about them and many people are quite happy with them- including myself.

BTW- I just noticed there is another thread just started today about this too: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=639406 Several positive experiences noted there.

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

The truth is the vast majority of people get a great Mac on the first try. I think the problem occurs with the two or three percent (guess) that have some problem with new Mac. MacMall is known from most to being a terrible customer service company. For most people, I am sure they have a great buying experience.

I think that the reseller "system" is flawed. Once resellers have your money, they have no further interest in your sale. Think about it, only Apple and the buyer care about the purchase once transaction is complete. That is why I buy all of my Macs straight from Apple. The company has an interest in the sale until your warranty expires. Plus, Apple built it's company on great products and customer support.

I think the way to go is refurbished at Apple.com. They treat it as a new sale with full one year warranty.

Best wishes with your new Mac!

6. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

You're buying air from MacMall? Don't. Just get a jar, and close the lid. You just got air for free! :p