Buying an Apple Watch on Reddit?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by stanman64, Sep 22, 2017.

1. stanman64 macrumors 6502a

stanman64

Anyone have any experience with this before?

I have the opportunity to buy an AW at a good price from a fellow redditor. Nothing stands out as a reason not to trust them, but I'm always weary of buying/selling things on the internet. I've bought and sold things on Craigslist before, but never Reddit and never where we were not able to meet in person.

So is there any sort of safe way to do this? How should I pay? PayPal? ChasePay? I don't like the idea of paying before receiving it, and I'm sure the seller doesn't like the idea of sending it away without receiving payment first. Any tips?

2. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

Have him put it on Swappa and offer to cover the $10 Swappa fee. If you agreed to pay $250 for the watch, have him list it for $260. He'll make his $250 on the deal and you can ensure a safe transaction. They're pretty fast over there with approving listings, you can probably wrap up the sale before the day is over.

3. stanman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

stanman64

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Good tip & awesome profile pic :D

5. stanman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

stanman64

Follow up question: How should it be listed? Is there a way to list it privately, and then they send me the link to buy it?

6. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

After he gets listing approval from Swappa staff he can just send you the link to the listing. There might be an option to keep it private, I can't say for sure - I've never tried. If there's not a private sale option, I'm sure you'll be fine to purchase it right away after it's made.

7. stanman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

stanman64

Awesome, thanks.