buying an iMac at an Apple Store or online

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zuma022, May 25, 2008.

1. zuma022 macrumors regular

I want to buy an iMac next month. If I buy it at the store, and I want to add a bigger harddisk and wireless keyboard and mouse, would they have to order that as well or do they customize it in store? How long does it generally take? Is it easier to just order it online?
    I know that once I made the purchase I want to have it asap, so the less waiting the better.

2. haroldtreen macrumors newbie

Hmm...

Do they customize for you at the store?
    When I got my MBP, I told them wanted a MBP, they asked about Glossy or Matte and they brought out a box that had it.

If I had ordered online I could have made other changes but they didn't offer it to me.

I'd say just order online. You can just put in what you want and have it brought to your door.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

They have imacs with wireless KB/MM in store, but if you want to upgrade the hard drive, you'll almost certainly have to order online. They don't stock build-to-order upgrades like that in store.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

My local store stocks some extra options such as more ram, larger hdd, etc. Call ahead and see if they have what you want. They probably won't have a ton of combinations, but there's a chance that they'll have the build that you want.

5. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

If you can buy it at the store, I would recommend that. I bought mine online, and it took forever to get it with the free shipping. I would rather pay for it and get it faster. I live in Norway and they sent it by car from Poland. :(

6. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

eek! customs must have taken forever

Attached Files:

7. SamoanDude macrumors regular

8. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

There is, but they said they would have to order it from the same place as I did online. It took forever, well not THAT long, but when you are waiting for a new mac it feels like it lol
    Dont know how these things work in the US, but with my experience I would recommend buy in Store ;)