Buying an iMac -not sure which store. (Aussies Needed Only)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tragedies, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

I'll be buying a Mac this Saturday, and after finding out that there aren't any official Apple Stores in Australia (only resellers) I'm wondering if buying from a nearby JB Hifi (Chadstone, Melbourne) will be better or worse then buying from an AppleCentre nearby (both resellers). Which would be better?

And if the AppleCentre is better, should I head down to the one 10 minutes away from me or head to the city (hour away) to the large AppleCentre there?

Few minor questions, but I don't want to go all the way to the city, as I want to use my iMac straight away.

Thanks.

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Better the devil you know...

I used to live in Melbourne for 2 years before returning to New Zealand and I used to buy all my Mac's from "Computers Now - Malvern" on High Street.

I found them the best reseller of Mac's in Melbourne due to the fact that they only deal in Apple products compared to JB HiFi that only sell them as an add on to their product line

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Streetwise. Best Apple shop in Melbourne from my experience. They sell stuff for slightly under retail price, so you might be able to buy another stick of RAM.

I'm planning on getting a job there for the summer holidays :D