Buying an Ipad 2 in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ToXicWaSTe, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ToXicWaSTe macrumors member

ToXicWaSTe

Hi,
    I have a dilemma and hope someone could bring som insight. I live in Denmark where the price of the 16GB WIFI iPad 2 is 681$ :eek: However I have a friend who is going to Hong Kong last week of october, and can bring me back an Ipad with him for 500$. That's a lot of dough to save, but I can't figure out if it is worth it. There's the possibility of a soon to be released ipad 3, which would likely carry a retina display, but maybe not the A6? I really like the Retina display on my iPhone 4, and I do notice the pixels on the Ipad 2.

Is it worth the wait or should i just get the Ipad2 and maybe sell it when the new one comes out. What would you do?

Thanks ! :D

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iPad 2 is dominating the tablet industry. Apple won't release another one until it's time.

3. ToXicWaSTe thread starter macrumors member

ToXicWaSTe

Seems like the consensus is that the iPad2 will last a while longer. I just feel that apple normally let's the market catch up, and then releases the new best thing so everyone can play catch up again (like they did when they released the ipad 2) :p I know the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 isn't as user friendly as the iPad but it can still hold it own when it comes to hardware.

4. FHL Hong Kong macrumors newbie

Bare faa den koebt, tror nu heller ikke der kommer ny ipad foer foraaret 2012, og til 2723 kr med dagens kurs lider du nok ikke det store tab naar du saelger den igen.