Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshtheburrito

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I decided to go for the ipad 4 after selling my ipad 2 a while ago. I didn't pre-order it but i really would like to get it friday or saturday.

I know all Apple stores are different but what are the chances i can go in the store and buy one?

Does anyone have experience with buying an ipad on the release day without waiting in line?

Thanks!

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I decided to go for the ipad 4 after selling my ipad 2 a while ago. I didn't pre-order it but i really would like to get it friday or saturday.

I know all Apple stores are different but what are the chances i can go in the store and buy one?

Does anyone have experience with buying an ipad on the release day without waiting in line?

Thanks!

You will be able to walk in to a store when it is convenient for you and get one. The demand is not high enough to expect them to sell out.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I agree, I think that Apple will have tis well covered. Many 3 owners are not upgrading so this will not be a major introduction of a new device. There might be a line but no where near previous times. Get there early and you should be good.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
The iPad 4th gen seems to have been lost in the Mini hype. I would be surprised if you couldn't walk in and get the colour and capacity of your choice anytime on Friday.

joshtheburrito

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
So it looks like the general consensus is that I will be able to walk in and grab one on launch day.

I guess I will see come Friday!

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I think you will be able to walk into a story Friday morning/lunch time and buy mostly whatever you want. Mini, iPad 4, etc. I think there will be inventory, but I'm sure a few flavors will be sold out.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Like everyone has said, the demand for the iPad 4 isn't nearly as high as the iPad 3 and you could want into almost any store at any time on launch day back in March and pick one up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.