All iPads Buying an iPad NOW?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacRazySwe, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MacRazySwe macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

What's your take on buying an iPad of the existing models, right now? This is nothing that I'd normally consider, as the iPad Mini 2 and iPad 5 are right around the corner. However I will be traveling from Sweden to NY tomorrow and I'm interested in getting one as the prices are quite a bit cheaper in the US compared to Sweden. Unfortunately I will only be staying till the 14th, hence I won't be able to get one of the new models which I'm eagerly awaiting. :(

I'm thinking of just getting the cheapest iPad Mini 16GB Wifi, just to try the experience. If I like it, I'll sell it and maybe earn a few dollars, and I can get one of the new iPad Mini Retinas as soon as they are available in Sweden. If I don't like the iPad, I can just sell it.

What would you do?

BTW, I often look at movies online using Primewire and other websites. These are usually flash-based. Am I right in guessing that there is no possible way to make this work on an iPad?

Thanks in advance!

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

im sure the ipad mini retina will cost more, so the ipad mini (non-retina) should still be on sale as an option.

someone correct me if im wrong, but that's why the ipad 2 is still avaiable in the apple store.

so it boils down, do you want retina, or non-retina version. if you want non-retina (which is cheaper) guess what? you can buy it today! lol

3. Corey Gibson macrumors newbie

At the moment, I am not aware of any flash plug in or app you can use to watch your videos.

If you have the opportunity, go for it with the mini. I'm sure you will find someone willing to buy it.

4. T4R06 macrumors 65816

I bought the mini today at bestbuy. I am aware that there is new mini in few weeks but I have 45days to exchange or return just in case I will find the new ipad 5 much more small looking than the ipad 4

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

My husband visits a lot of car related sites and most of the videos are flash based. He uses a browser called Photon. It handles the flash pretty well. He never uses Safari.

6. rainking macrumors regular

Wait if you can, buy now if you can't.

Puffin Browser. My favorite java based browser. It loads flash videos faster than any other browser that I've used.

http://www.puffinbrowser.com

7. Che Castro macrumors 603

Is a win win if you wait

You get a new ipad 5

If you don't like it you can buy an ipad 4 cheaper then it is now new , or refurb much cheaper

8. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui