Buying an Ipad :)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aussiegirlsusan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. aussiegirlsusan macrumors member

Hi All,

I am in Australia and will be coming to the US next week :)

I want to buy an Ipad and there is no guide on the buyers forum about this - is there likely to be a new one soon or should I just buy one now :confused:

They are cheaper in the US than Australia and I thought it was a good idea to purchaise - will there be any forseable problems getting a Wifi only one to work here is Aus??

Also - a 32GB surely would be adequate for some movies/songs etc??

Cheers in advance for your advice ;)
    Susan

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Probably no update until the spring.

32GB should be plenty of space.

No reason that a wifi-only iPad wouldn't work in Australia.

If a new one comes along, I'm sure you could sell your iPad in Australia for a good price.

Enjoy your trip!

3. aussiegirlsusan thread starter macrumors member

Hi Surely :)

That is great - thanks for your advice!!

Is the Apple shop the best location to buy one or is their cheaper options??

4. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Don't listen to Canada over there, wait for the revision. It's features are lackluster. Is browsing your email account really worth $700 to you? Thought so. :apple:

5. Surely Guest

Surely

^^^^Don't mind this guy.... he's not playing nice tonight. Apparently I have a stalker now. Cool.

It's all speculation, but Apple tends to update their products on a yearly cycle. That's why I said "probably".

And I love my iPad. I do much more than just email on it.:rolleyes:

It's sold for the same pricing everywhere. No difference where you buy it....

Buying it at an Apple Store would just add to the experience....:p

Where are you visiting?

6. aussiegirlsusan thread starter macrumors member

Come on now people - play nice :)

I am going to Massechusets (sorry about the poor spelling!)

Thanks both for your input :)

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Have fun.....

Don't apologize for the spelling..... they don't. "p

Pack warm clothes......

8. aussiegirlsusan thread starter macrumors member

9. mikechan1234 macrumors 6502

Going to HK to buy one would be even cheaper than the US :)

10. Greg Punzo macrumors member

Greg Punzo

Buy now you won't regret it!

That's a good point if you buy it in the US and sell it in australia before iPad 2 comes out you could almost break even. I would definitely buy it during your trip to the US. And yes buying from an apple store is probably the best place since there aren't any lower cost options when buying new and they have the best customer service.

11. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Just picked up one second half thats in mint condition. Owner only had it 5 weeks and didn't like it. i LOVE it. I took ages to decide because i wasn't sure if i would find it useful but im sold now. The Sky ports and eurosport apps are so much improved over the iPhone/touch versions. Get one now :p

12. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I went all out and got the 64/3G. Love it to death. I have only used the 3G for 3 of the 6 months that I've had it so unless you use GPS all the time the WiFi is fine but I also have filled up all the space given, except for 5GB (just in case). I have 20GB worth Comics and Magazines (that I delete off as I go in many cases), 10GB of music, 2 movies, 20 music videos that I rotate from hundred or so, and a few audio books (Sherlock Holmes radio series) the rest is in Apps and I have some big ones, like Elements and iBird Pro.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You have no idea what you're talking about.

14. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

If you're going to Massachusetts ;) , see if the people you're with can zip you up to the New Hampshire Apple store. There's no sales tax in NH so you'll save a few bucks not having to pay 6.5% on top of the purchase price ($31 at least).

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You must be kidding.

16. El Jefe macrumors member

If you're going to Boston, there's a really great Apple Store right in the city on Boylston. In the U.S., you can also buy them at Target and Best Buy. They're going to be about the same price everywhere.

>> Boston Area Apple Stores

17. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

That Boylston St. store is an amazingly beautiful store in a great little spot. Down the street from the Underground Trader Joes too!

18. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I purchased a 32GB wifi only iPad yesterday after swearing I'd never get one. So far I'm loving it :)

19. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Boston

Another vote for the Boylston St. store. It's worth a trip if you can make it.

John B.

20. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

Don't be afraid to buy a 3G model in the US if you are so inclined. It will work perfectly in Australia. You just need to pick up a micro-sim from a local carrier when you need the service. It's an additional $130, but that does also give you GPS.

I seem to do a lot of traveling in areas that don't have WiFi service and the iPad 3G has been pretty wonderful. In the last few months, I have used it in the US, Norway and Turkey. It would have been wonderful when I was sailing in the Whitsundays a couple of years ago. :)

Cheers!

21. David-fr macrumors 6502

Hey we are neighbors . xD