Buying an iPhone 4 in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Anician, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Anician macrumors member

Hi, I'll be going to the UK next month for university and plan to buy an iPhone 4 there. However, I read something a while back about iPhone 4's being sold out (can't remember if it was nationwide or if it was just with one specific carrier). So easy/hard will it be for me to get an iPhone 4?

Also, any suggestions as to which iPhone 4 carrier I should use/is better? I'll be studying in Manchester.

Thanks,
    Jon

2. Firas997 macrumors newbie

Hey I bought an iPhone 4 from Manchester and they were sold out so what I did is that I ordered the iPhone online from apple UK and you will probably get a free bumper with it if you order it as well. So if they are sold out at the apple store order it online and it will arrive in 2-3 weeks with a free bumper if you order it with the phone.

Firas997
    :apple::apple::apple:

It won't have a reception issue.

3. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I went into the Apple Store at the Trafford Centre on the outskirts of Manchester yesterday and asked about availability of iPhone 4s. They had 32GB ones in stock so I bought a sim free one.

As for carriers, the best rates seem to be with Tesco Mobile at the moment. Are you looking to have a contract or buy sim free?

4. Anician thread starter macrumors member

I guess a SIM-free one would be the best, as I will probably go back home during the holidays and it be nice to be able to use my iPhone instead of having to use another phone. How much was the one you bought though? The only problem is that I'm afraid it might be a bit expensive as it's not subsidized...

Thanks,
    Jon

5. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

My 32GB was £599. The 16GB is £499.