Buying an iPhone 5 in Stores...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thomas.Matthews, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Thomas.Matthews macrumors newbie

Hey guys! My contract for AT&T ends this Saturday and naturally I want the iPhone 5. However, the waiting 3-4 weeks for it to ship sounds awful. Do AT&T and Apple stores ever have them in stock? Do I need to put it on hold? Do they even do that? Thanks in advance!

2. blerns3 macrumors 6502

If you go on Apple's online store between 10 pm and 4 am local time (log on at 10 lol) then you can add one to your cart, then select store pickup to check inventory at local Apple stores. If they have any at one you want, you can push the order through and pick it up in the store the next day.

3. T8TRG8TR macrumors newbie

Right now there's very little chance there will be one in stores. You have AT&T so your chances are a little better.

Go online and reserve one at 10 pm. Be fast because the stocks don't last long.

4. maverick22 macrumors 6502

You could also check RadioShack and Best Buy's inventory online. 3 of my local RS's have them in stock today!

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Scroll through postings from the past few days. There are very active threads about buying the Iphone5 and people trying to find them every single day. People keep starting new message threads asking the same question.

Okay, off soap box. Check the thread about buying at an Apple store via online and instore pickup.

You could just order it and wait 3 weeks.. you have waited almost 2 years already, right?

6. Yankeesxd macrumors member

is there a way to check radio shack's stock online?thanks

7. blerns3 macrumors 6502

There's a site called Milo, also has an iOS app, it'll check stores like Radio Shack and BestBuy.

P.S. go Orioles!

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

I’ve been trying the Apple online at 10PM, local stores, Radio Shacks, Best Buys in NJ and have had no luck whatsoever. I am going to try tonight at 10 for one last time and if nothing I will just buy with shipment and wait for 4 weeks.

9. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Yes, but don't type in "iphone 5". Type in "white iphone" for example. You can search Best Buy online also.

10. thekb macrumors 6502a

I got mine at H H Gregg. I don't think anyone knew they sold them so they were the only place in town with any in stock.

11. Bruins Fan macrumors member

Bruins Fan

Apple Store at North Shore Mall (Peabody, MA) had AT&T iPhone 5 available last Friday night. Of course, I was looking for Verizon :(

12. maverick22 macrumors 6502

I just called local Best Buy and they have some in stock!

13. richmds macrumors regular

Problem with Radio Shack is that they are not the most reliable. I have had some instances of in stock being no it was not in stock, or sorry it was pre-ordered by someone else.

14. 8pril macrumors member

:)

Thank you to the person who suggested Best Buy and that Milo app. Got my iPhone 5 (32GB Verizon) this evening!

15. maverick22 macrumors 6502

You are right. One of the RS's I called so it was not in fact. I think BB's might be more accurate.

16. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I walked in and purchased my Verizon 16Gb at Walmart. It was the only one they had at the store I went to. My brother had his on preorder at Best Buy but they claimed that it could be weeks before they got any in so I advised him to check the local Walmarts. They had them in stock and when we picked his up they had around 20-30 black AT&T iPhone 5s under the counter. As an added bonus Walmart only charges 189 so you save a bit of money too.

17. AznTakumi macrumors regular

My walmart's iphone 5s are no where to be found. Its been weeks and I am third on the pre-ordered list.