Buying an iPhone 5S again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilky76, Jul 26, 2014.

1. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

I'm fedup with Samsung smartphones, I bought a S5 couple of months ago and the thing just died on me today, it's been overheating prior to that had this same problem with the S3 couple of years ago aswell.

I'm now gonna ordered a iPhone 5S again only 16Gb this time as i don't need all the space still have over 7Gb free on the S5 internal, can't be bothered waiting until the iPhone 6 comes out as i need a phone now, and the 5S will last me until early in the new year, when all the hype died down on the iPhone 6 and buy one then, if it worth getting one that is :D.

Once the S5 returned to me it going up for sale, which will recoup most of the cost of the iPhone 5S.

I'll still have android ecosystem as i also own a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, which is superb so with the iPhone i'll have best of both worlds.

Tbh i've now done with Android smartphones the other's inc the Lg G3 don't offers anything above and beyond the S5, I'll just stick with tablets for Android and Apple for smartphones.

2. cynics macrumors G3

Well, welcome back!

If you don't mind me asking where you doing anything in particular to cause the S5 to overheat? I had a Nexus 10 (Samsung) once upon a time and I was able to make it overheat by playing an emulated game (PS1 games and N64 games mostly), while plugged into HDMI to my TV using a PS3 controller while its charging. It would take a couple hours but eventually the game would lag severely and the tablet would be VERY hot. I can't really call that a fault though since my iPad can't really do that.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My HTC One used to overheat while using navagation and charging at the same time. I still plan on switching back to Android though. It really depends on how long iOS 8 keeps my attention.

4. wilky76 thread starter macrumors regular

wilky76

Nop wasn't doing anything, charged it before i went bed always unplug charger after charging, got up it was mad hot and down nearly zero checked battery stats nothing running causing it to drain & overheat, day after it just died with no warning.

This has only happened since the recent update the S5 got was fine before, remember when it was updating it also got quite hot.

Just ordered myself a Grey 5S, didn't get the 16GB went for the 32GB instead, just so i can install music on the phone instead of using cloud.