Buying an iPhone at AT&T store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djs71a, Oct 10, 2015.

1. djs71a macrumors newbie

If I go to my local AT&T store to buy an iPhone, will I have to do all the setup (sign into iCloud, setup TouchID, setup Apple Pay, etc) while at the store or can I do that at home? Is there any advantage of doing all the above setup when I turn the phone on for the first time? I am debating ordering one through the mail vs going to the AT&T store.

2. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

its a matter of choice, just like you can buy it directly from the Apple store also and set it up at home, now here a question for you, are you planning on buying this iPhone with installments plan? or paying for it full-price? Reason I am asking is because when you buy it at a retail Apple store and you pay for it full-price you are getting a fully UN-locked phone on the spot. But its a matter of choice when it comes down to the set-up if you want to do it yourself at home or at the stores. Good luck !

3. djs71a thread starter macrumors newbie

I am planning on buying it using AT&T Next. Because of this, I wonder if they would make me set it up at the AT&T store?

4. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

Some stores claim you have to open in store. When it's ordered online it's already set so when it's turned on its your number and everything. In store they have to scan it

5. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Well, just simply tell them once you ID yourself as the account holder that you would like to setup home, they shouldn't insist on having you open it there and setting it up, because when you buy it through their att online site with installments plans it arrives sealed, so it should not be an issue to take it home sealed, just them them you want to take it home. All they have to do is scan the outside of the box, and apply that phone to your existing number.

6. djs71a thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your replies. Now my next decision is to buy the 6s (which I can get now) or the 6s+ (which I will have to wait until they get some in stock). Decisions decisions.....

7. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

also have in mind, I don't know if you have an Apple store close within your area that you can also reserve your iPhone and simply pick it up at you desire time at the apple store, and you might get lucky and they also might have the 6s Plus. They can also set you up with the installment plans within the store