buying an iphone for my mom

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itouchaddicted, Jul 16, 2011.

1. itouchaddicted, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

itouchaddicted macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    My mom doesnt use a phone much at all, just sometimes to call family. She really likes my iphone as it has everything big and is a brand name. I wanted to buy her an iphone, so can i just buy an unlocked iphone 1 gen or 2g and let heruse her prepaid tmobile sim card in it. Is this possible?
    thanks a lot:apple:

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

The iPhone 4(4gen) and 3GS(3gen) are the only iPhones still sold buy apple, and as far as I know, the only iPhone sold unlocked is the 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

If the phone is unlocked, of course your mom could use it with T-Mobile (assuming you get it off eBay or something). I assume she doesn't plan on using it for internet or anything. Just calling and texting. It's a bit of a pricey device to give your mom, but I'm planning on getting my iPhone 3G fixed to give to my mom - she loved the large "buttons" in the dialpad, and it was clear enough for her to read, compared to all the most popular flip phones they have here.

4. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah she will only use it for calling and so I am planing to put her prepaid tmobile sim once i get the unlocked 2 gen iphone from craigslist for $70. Pretty good deal right?