buying an iphone for someone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by homrb, Jun 17, 2010.

1. homrb macrumors regular

Im going to the Apple store on launch day to buy the iphone that I have reserved. My friend also want an iphone and wants me to buy one for him so he doesnt have to wait in line. Is it possible to buy his iphone and just to tell them to not activate it so that he can do it at his house when he connects to itunes?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you buy a no commitment iphone it will be $599 and $699 for the 32GB model.
    If he wants it subsidized he will have to be there to sign and agree to the terms of the 2 year agreement with AT&T.
    Also not sure if they will let you buy another iphone that you havent reserved and they will probably enforce the 1 phone per customer rule.
    Thats if they have any leftover phones after all the preorders are sold.

3. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

So did they say that there is a 1 phone limit rule?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Stores will open at 7AM on June 24 for all customers, not just pre-orders as with last year. To keep supplies in check, the carrier is also imposing a hard limit of one iPhone of any kind for new customers and one per line for existing customers.

Does Best Buy® have a limit on how many pre-orders or iPhone 4 purchases each customer can have?
    Yes, limit one (1) phone per customer.

Apple stores the same.

5. homrb thread starter macrumors regular