Buying an iPhone in Manchester on the 9th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrboyce, Nov 1, 2007.

1. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I know a thread similar to this already exists, but it's really long. So I've decided we should make one dedicated to Manchester...

I'll personally be going to the Apple Store (Trafford Centre I think) after Lunch, so aiming to be there no later than 3pm. Hopefully I won't have to spend 3 hours queuing, but we'll see!

What does everyone else plan to do, store and time-wise?

Am I right in thinking the TC Store is bigger than the Arndale one? Memory is a bit hazy.

Regards, Will Boyce
    http://dev.willboyce.com/iPhone.php

2. roblawton macrumors 6502

I'll be joining you in the queue at around 5pm Will!

If you want a coffee off me, you could save a space for a guy with an 'I'm a mac' t-shirt ;)

3. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'll be at the Arndale around 6, not fussed about being at the front really!

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Ditto.

5. wrboyce thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not the being at the front, it's the getting one asap! Release time should be 6.02am!

6. alFR macrumors 68020

Will be going to the Trafford Centre, not sure what time though: waiting to see if we hear anything about stock levels etc. before I decide. Will probably turn up sometime between 3 and 7. :)

7. stekerrod macrumors regular

between 3 and 7......not vague there at all are we:p

im heading to the trafford centre for half 3/4 o clock and if theres a queue when i get there i'll be joining...if not i'll go for a wander.....apparently queues started forming at 4 for leopard which is why i'm heading there for about then

see you there!

8. weckart macrumors 68040

There is also an O2 shop and a Carphone Warehouse (I think 2 of these) at the Trafford Centre. If the queues are big at one of these try one of the others. They will all be selling the iPhone.

9. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Ditto.

I already have an iPhone. I'll see you guys at 5.55pm :D

10. Cardy macrumors member

I have it on VERY good authority that stock levels will be massive, and that no one will be disappointed. Also, at the TC there are slight security concerns after last weeks queues, and that new measures will be in place.

ROBLAWTON....are you the chap who was at the front end of the Leopard queue last week??