Buying an Iphone off ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMirarchi87, Aug 14, 2008.

1. SMirarchi87 macrumors newbie

Ok,(before I start, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, so pelaaaase just help me out) so say I buy a iphone off of ebay, can I just stick my reg. 3g sim card in there and bam..we're good to go? or would I still have to register it or what?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Need clarification, are you talking the v1 iPhone or the 3G iPhone?:confused:

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Why would you bother to get it for $700:confused:

Also, if its unlocked: Yes! You're good 2 go!
    If its locked: No! You're not!

4. SMirarchi87 thread starter macrumors newbie

either 1...tell me for both please??

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

v1 iPhone, yes, you can do that; you would need to get the voice plan from AT&T and a data plan for $20 a month.

3G iPhone, can only be activated with AT&T at present, so the Apple/AT&T people will have a new SIM card already installed and activation via iTunes by Apple/AT&T automatically bricks the SIM card that currently works with your assigned number; voice plan required and the data plan is $30 per month. Now, just go home and add your contacts, music, video, TV shows, podcasts, etc... You should be good to go. :cool:

6. redrory macrumors newbie

Tingling feeling inside

just when you said, add your contacts, music and video.. I got the tingling feeling inside. I should be getting my v1 verson tomorrow :D. ( Cant bother with 3g)
    I took the CL route though.

7. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

Got my iPhone (version 1) that I bought on ebay, yesterday. Used Pwnage to upgrade it to 2.0.1 and now it's working fine with my O2 (Germany) SIM card.