Buying an IPhone on Ebay Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly1, Feb 25, 2014.

1. pauly1 macrumors regular

There was an iphone that i wanted to purchase that is used but condition is excellent and he showed lots of pictures and he had 600+ reviews and 100 percent feedback. However, someone bought it with the buy it now option so i couldnt buy it so im frustrated and have to look again.

I want to get unlocked iphone 4s with 16gb white.

I checked quite a bit and this one isaw. This person has 99.3 percent feedback and sold numerous iphones. It has 100+ watchers as well and hes selling it at 400 dollars new which is a great deal compared to other iphones on ebay with the same specs. I always look at ppls reviews and if its less than 99 percent, i woudnt consider that person for an item such as an iphone.

Well i read a few reviews that worried me. One said i would not deal with this seller... it is good but he is SNEAKY. Does anyone know what that could possibly mean? Another person mentioned this iphone is fake. However... with all the iphones that this person has sold... do you think this is just a misunderstanding? I mean surely those 100+ iphones with these specs are real right?

Is there a way to contact the buyer who left those negative feedback and ask them questions? You cant click on their username and you cant see their full username. All you see is first and last letter of their username. You cant click on anything.

Does this guy look legit? I mean, every buyer has left this guy good feedback and to me this seems like a great deal b/c a used one thats 16gb thats in very good or excellent condition cost between 300-350 on ebay. This one is 32gb new and only 400.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Apple-i...-Factory-Unlocked-AT-T-T-Mobile-/301042303679

2. pauly1 thread starter macrumors regular

I also spoke to another person who is selling his iphone 4s. Told me that he had it for few years and is the original owner of the phone. That is always the best right? I had asked some other sellers who had very good feedback this and selling the 4s and many said they only had it for 2 months or 6 months iphone 4s.

So if they had it for 2 months or 6 months, that probably means they bought it used most likely? And thus those original owners on the iphone 4s who had it for few years... those are the ones that people want the most?

3. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

they just recently started protecting usernames on all auctions so you can't contact them etc. There is no real way to tell who is telling the truth on ebay. There are a lot of picky buyers, but there are also sellers that are just as bad.

just from a quick glance.....
    he's left 1,730 Feedback to other users BUT has received 8,331

i've been on ebay for years and it's the small things like the seller won't leave you feedback....as a red flag that he doesn't really care about his customers etc.

I would pass and look for a used one that someone is desperate to sell.

4. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

don't do it. spend the extra money and get a phone from apple under warranty.