Buying an iPhone through ATT premier site

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bpdunlv, Feb 11, 2009.

1. bpdunlv macrumors newbie

So my dad gets a discount through his company and I want to try and get the service discount for my own line.

We have the same last name, address, and I even do some side work for him from time to time. (But I dont have a company email address)

Right now we are on the ATT premier site and am able to add the phone and my plan. If i put the account in my own name by myself what are the chances ATT will hassle me and take away the discount?

Really don't want a $100 a month phone bill so I would appreciate any help

thanks

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

im not sure how that works for family members. i know it works for wives. idk about sons/daughters.........

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

What you can do OP is just ask your dad to put you into his plan as well and convert it to a Family Plan, that way the monthly bill that your dad from the use of your dad's phone and yours are discounted with his employee discount. Then you can pay your dad your share.

I don't know if AT&T would let you change the primary holder's name, well I guess they would given the consent but not sure. If you really want to have a discount on your own line, you might want to lean on school email addresses, most of them have a FAN discount tied up with AT&T so give it a shot.

Btw search the forums for FAN discussions, you can see more opinions that way too.

4. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

Question about School FAN discounts: if you join at&t while still at the college then graduate in a year, does your discount stay? Or will they remove it?

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'm an alumnae of my university and they never removed it. YMMV probably.

6. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

I get a discount from my company so i'm a premier member. I'm not sure if all discounts are the same but I only get the minutes plan get's discounted. The text and data don't get discounted. I'm sure it has to be under your fathers name as well.