Buying an Ipod in Japan

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cristie, Nov 24, 2007.

1. cristie macrumors newbie

I am in Japan for another two weeks. I would like to buy an Ipod but want it to be an English version. Do they stock any English versions in bigger stores like Tokyo? (I will also call the store). Also, I am debating between the Shuffle and the Nano. The shuffle appeals to me because of the size - I am mainly getting it so that I can continue my dance practice while traveling - so i want something that can be converted to hands free and light. Also, is the Shuffle programmable with my choice of music or does it just pull randomly from itunes? Sorry if I sound lame, but Im new to the whole "I" generation, but a fan. I just got a new Macbook and im a believer....

and another thing. I will be traveling in Southeast Asia. Most of the voltages are 220 or something similar. The plugs seem to be mostly the same as the US version, which is good. The only thing that concerns me is if the voltage is different than 110, will it damage my computer? I heard that the power adaptor for the MacBook is for both 220 and 110 volts.. which to me means Ill be ok. But what about some funky voltage like 235 that I read about (I think Vietnam)?

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

An iPod will ask you to choose the language when you start it up, just make sure you choose English. :)

The Shuffle will play your music randomly, hence "shuffle." I would recommend the new Nano (I have it - silver 8GB) and I LOVE it. It is extraordinarily thin and you get over the apparent squat-ness of it it really quick. It is great to be able to fit a few episodes of your favorite TV show (The Office) or a movie...and with an armband or a case of some sort it is great for working out with - I just put it into my pocket and it stays put just fine. Also, you have a screen so your music is completely controllable! Honestly, the Nano is completely worth it.

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Yes, you can create a playlist for the music you want to play on your Shuffle.

And Apple adaptors are good at working all over the world (provided you have the appropriate connection for the wall outlet)