Buying an iPod touch 32gb...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zainjetha, Mar 19, 2008.

1. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

My father received an 8gb ipod touch for his birthday as a gift from my uncle, his brother.. he had approximately 5gb when he was given it and has further downloaded and ripped in another 1.5gb worth of music and has acquired more CDs which he is yet to rip. I can see him adding more music to his collection continuously and he wants to purchase a 32gb touch. I dont him to buy it if sooner or later something larger may be released as he has podcasts which he likes to listen to...

Plus my father is a man with a large Exchange mailbox.... it is around 4gb in size and every thing is categorized into sub and sub-sub folders... he loves touch interface and says it would be brilliant for him to do mail on when away from outlook...

Do you reckon iPod touch 32gb will remain same for a few months now, if so he will purchase one..

I can see him running out of space eventually and if a 60gb one is going to come out i wouldnt mind waiting...

Please point me out in the right direction as i dont want to spend money unnecessarily on something which will have to be replaced...

thansk

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

As with technology everything will be replaced down the road.

It is just a question as to when to jump on the train.

I somehow doubt we will see an update to the iPod Touch before we get a 3G iPhone (may be wishful thinking on my part). The next logical step is, of course, a 16GB and 32GB iPhone, while the iPod Touch moves up to 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.

If you feel like saving a few bucks you could check out the refurbished store.

3. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I also agree that we won't be seeing an update for the iPod Touch before any update of the iPhones. It's a good time to update now, since they kinda-recently expanded the size of it. If he really wants to make a big switch, maybe an iPhone 16GB will suit him

4. zainjetha thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah i think that i will go with 32gb - it sounds reasonable to me... i think that would be sufficient for him for some time.... we will be saving 'some bucks' as he is going to purchase in LHR duty free tomorrow....

he wants to get an iPhone like me - however thought of jailbreaking or hacking iphone is unappealing to him and is waiting for an officially unlocked iPhone

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi, i would buy in confidence as 64 gb is still VERY expensive, this is what is in the air and look at the price of that upgrade, and apple is actually cheaper than they cost to a consumer for a change. If you think the touch suits you and are willing to pay that amount for that amount of storage then dont worry about whats to come, it doesnt make what you buy any worse and ALL electronics are updated around 6months later anyway.