Buying an MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by martin.krastev1, Jun 3, 2012.

1. martin.krastev1 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I am looking into buying a new macbook pro. My current 2.66 Ghz 2009 model has served me well but I have decided to hand it down to my mother seeing as she needs a new computer. I figure its better to spend the money and buy my self a new laptop then buy her a new computer. She primarily uses the computer to browse the internet, listen to music and set up excel spreadsheets. The dilemma I am having is whether i want to order the 2.2ghz or the 2.4ghz 15" mbp. In addition, I am wondering why the 13" are clocked higher then the 15"s. Any information on the processors that are currently being used in the mbps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Odds are it doesn't matter. What do you use your computer for?

3. bryno92 macrumors newbie

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

My advice: wait.

Wait for the new Macbook Pros. Retina screen alone is worth the wait, it is going to be amazing, and guarantee you a long, happy relationship with your new laptop.

Also new Pros will be thinner and lighter, possibly with much larger batteries/battery life. Ivy Bridge CPU, that alone is worth the wait. Also instant-on and fast SSD will now come standard.

Given all that, no way would I buy a Macbook Pro, I'd do everything possible to wait.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You shouldn't suggest rumored features as guaranteed. Of course if we don't see them, the rumor mill will automatically spit out something about them not being ready or whatever other nonsense:rolleyes:. I could see Apple's motivation in trying to get much higher resolution panels. The windows oems have surpassed them slightly on some models. The problem for Apple is that they're set up for double or nothing with high dpi. Going up just a bit may not scale well. The rumor that they'll be thinner is also unsubstantiated. I'm just saying, don't mislead the guy into thinking these features are guaranteed.