Buying and returning

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stino, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Stino macrumors newbie

I'm about to buy a rMBP or MBA soon but still doubting. But as a friend of mine is in the US he offered to bring me an rMBP. This would be a saving of about 500+$ because of exchange rates. But...

Everywhere in the forum I read a lot about "I'm approaching the return date". I live in Belgium and I'm wondering if we can just do the same? Because this would mean ordering in Belgium in stead of in the US would give me the opportunity to return it and exchange it for an MBA if I don't like it. On the other hand it does mean losing the 500$ benefit.

So questions:
    • Can you just return a MBr ordered in Belgium as well to Apple with no questions asked and do you get your money back or is it a voucher?
    • Is it correct that the return policy is 14 days? This I can find on the website but it's not very clear

Anyone any experience? Or what would you do? Thanks!

2. Mikeyswen79 macrumors member

Mikeyswen79

Fascinating question. I don't know the answer but this may be a worthwhile question for Apple's 1-800 number.

3. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

There are some export laws for the US if he tries to do this just lay low..

4. Stino thread starter macrumors newbie

Dekard is right here but there is a way to do it legal and this would mean a smaller "profit" but still interesting to do it. You have to clear it with customs when you enter the country. So let's forget about that :)

The main question is does the 500$ profit cover the risk of not being able to return it for the MBA. And if anyone has experience in returning products in Belgium at Apple.

5. kagux macrumors newbie

Alternatively, you could buy rMBP (or both if you have $$$ for that) locally and give it a spin for a week. Then you return it and ask your friend to bring you the one you liked the most.

6. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

thats abusing aples return policy