Buying and Selling Advice Question: Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lace.Noella, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Lace.Noella macrumors newbie

Hello,

I currently have a late 2010 model Macbook Air. It is 13.3", has 4 GB of RAM, and has a storage of 128GB. I posted it on Craigslist and have received offers of around 750, but no higher.

I'm hoping to get some advice for those more experienced in computers. While I don't need to sell it right now, I don't know how the value holds or anything like that. Would it be best to wait to sell it until another Macbook Air model comes out? Or would it be better to sell it now and use that money to buy a new Macbook Air? And if I go with that option, which is better, the 11" or the 13"?

I am a tutor, so I mainly use the computer for Word/Pages, Email, Internet Usage, and Streaming Videos (I don't have a TV).

I guess I'm just looking for what is the best move to make. I don't have a lot of extra money to put into it, so I would have to go with the lower end Macbook Air (whether 11" or 13"), but I don't see having a lot of extra money later on down the line either.

Will the value decrease a lot from 750 if/when new Airs come out? Or should I still be able to get around that value?

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated as I'm slightly stressing over what my best move would be. This one works fine, and it is not that I'm in a huge rush to sell, I just don't want to see the value plummet either.

Thanks!

2. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Honestly, it sounds like what you have right now should be fine for what you use it for. I think $750 is a good selling point right now and you should take it if you feel you need to upgrade. Any of the current models will do fine.

3. brguitarist macrumors member

+1