iPad Pro Buying Apple care+ a necessity for the 9.7 pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wackery, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Wackery macrumors 6502a

Hello,

So I think buying the apple care+ is a necessity for the 9.7 pro, I bought it today.

Between the protruding camera, hard to remove silicone case that begs to bend your iPad, early signs of unreliability with the Smart Keyboard, it's a great product, but it is a nightmare for anyone who wants a device that will have long term use.

Does anyone else feel the same?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I disagree with your reasons, but I bought AppleCare+ in case I drop mine.

3. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Does AppleCare cover the Smart Keyboard? That could make me reconsider purchasing AppleCare.

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I will probably pick it up later on for my iPad.
    Based on some drop tests and iPad murder vids it seems like a fairly durable device, I always take care of my devices with cases.

5. DribbleCastle macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

On the face of it, it doesn't seem to include the peripherals like AppleCare for the Mac would. Apple Pencil coverage would be nice. Let us know if anyone hears that it does cover Apple accessories.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/S4689LL/A/applecare-plus-for-ipad

I'm going back and forth about buying it. Never bought it in the past because I would always sell and upgrade as new iPads were released. Plus I never so much as dented my iPad even without cases in the past. Bought AppleCare+ for my Apple Watch but that's still in great shape as well. For me, it's about resell value. Also, how long will this iPad be the latest 9.7 model? Are they slowing the development down to 1.5-2 years because people don't upgrade iPads as requently? Who knows?

The replacement/damage cost has me leaning towards buying it. $379 compared to $149 replacement cost is a big difference. Also, better than buying a $50+ case in my opinion.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/S4689LL/A/applecare-plus-for-ipad

6. Wackery thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looking at the apple support page, apple care + does not extend to the keyboard, which is a shame, but I think the keyboard is the one part designed well to last (waterproof, versatile, new reliable technology, durable etc.)

7. imac09 macrumors member

My case isn't hard to remove and my Smart Keyboard has been very reliable so far...